Make a New Year’s Ornament!
Did you snap some especially good pics of the family this season? Make a New Year’s ornament reminding you and yours how blessed you are to have loved ones to ring in the New Year with! Or, crop a favorite pet, child, or friend photo to hang in the car, office, or home for the New Year.
You will need:
* 2 printouts of the New Year image to the left.
*Two photos of you, your family, your pet, or anything else you find inspiring.
* Crayons or colored pencils
* Glue stick
* Ribbon or string
* Optional: Glitter glue pens or metallic permanent markers.
- Color the two sides of the frame in colors that compliment your photos.
- Cut out the two sides of the frame.
- Cut out the inner circle (grayed area) of the frames.
- Measure that your pictures will fit inside the hole nicely without cutting out any important part.
- Using the circle cut from inside of the frame, cut your pictures a little bigger than the circle.
- With a piece of tape, secure your pictures to the ornament picture window.
- Place the ornament frames back to back. Make sure to line up the points as best you can and ensure both sides are right side up. Attach them together with a rolled piece of tape.
- Gluestick between the frames and carefully smooth out all the points so that they are stuck together and there are no bubbles.
- Poke a hole in the top point and hang with ribbon or string.