Top Reasons NOT to Do It
by Tim Reynolds
The world is full of self-helpless gurus much more ego-boosting than I, all lined up to feed you a “Reasons to DO Something” list, but I’m here to give you 40 valid reasons NOT to do something. In no particular order.
- It’s going to hurt…a lot. You’re not a trained dancer and that table isn’t very sturdy.
- There are laws in place to specifically discourage doing it.
- Your mother wouldn’t approve.
- Your insurance has lapsed.
- The last time you tried to do it, you lost your pants and your pride.
- There are still active warrants from the last time you did it.
- Sister Mary Elephant warned that you’d go to Hell if you did it.
- You haven’t asked, “WWJD?”
- You’re not as young as you once were.
- When they did it on American Gladiator it looked like fun but two contestants were hospitalized.
- Your. . .
Read more in our Fall 2021 You Can Do It! issue.